Saturday, March 5, 2011

What's New?

Google Tools
"Google Blog Search"

There are many tools that Google provide and I feel that Google covers almost everything that Internet users would need when they surf for information. I am fascinated with the tool "Google Blog Search" as it is like a worldwide encyclopedia of almost everyone's diaries.

Google Blog Search has many functions in which it can operate to suit user's preference and convenience. For example, the "advanced blog search" and "preference" will help one to have a quicker search. Besides, Google Blog Search is categorized into 11 categories which comes under "Top Stories". With these hyperlinked categories, one will be able to receive quick information and have a rough idea of what is happening in the world. In addition, a space on the Google Blog Search's page is dedicated to the "Recent posts" by bloggers and "Top videos" found in blogs. I feel that these functions unite bloggers and readers globally by the easy search and the similarities in searches.


Windows Movie Maker


I find Windows Movie Maker really interesting. I was really confused with the functions at first. However, I was able to figure my way out with trial and error. This is actually my 2nd movie that I created with Windows Movie Maker. The first movie was collating interviews for my other communication module. I believed that tough process of the first movie like trimming the videos, inserting captions, using visual effects to protect the interviewees' identities, etc. had made me understand the use of most of the functions in creating a movie. It was really a fun process and no doubt, my 2nd video was created within 15minutes! Although it is time-consuming, I enjoyed myself thoroughly and definitely learnt a new skill!

2 comments:

  1. Ola! I found Windows Movie Maker really confusing too until I used it to make a short film for ny course a couple of years ago. Really makes the end product look professional doesn't it? there's a learning curve but it seems to get easier to use after some time.
    P.S: Pretty garden!

    Cheers!

    AppleFan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs have really taken off and personally I find reading blogs much more fascinating than that microblogging phenomenon that is Twitter. A tool I started using is the Google Reader.

    Great video, it's a lovely garden even if it's tiny (I think that's part of the appeal!)

    ReplyDelete